Well, it's official. We are scheduled to go to the surrender hearing Thursday morning at 9:30. Please pray that all goes well and there are no surprises. Brett is going to work till noon tomorrow and then we will be on the road. We should get there around 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. Snicker will be safe and sound at our regular boarding place. We almost didn't get her in, but our wonderful girls at the vet worked some things around and got her in. Thanks Theresa!
Today was much better than yesterday. I spent a lot of time in prayer and was very convicted of my poor attitude yesterday. I read through the book of Philippians and just let the word work on my heart. There are so many verses in Philippians that spoke to me about fear, anxiousness, strength, my thoughts. I was reminded that I can do nothing without the help of the Lord, and that was apparent by my actions yesterday.
We've had several blessings today which just confirm to me that God is ordering every step of this adoption. We got word from the hospital's financial department that Elliott is still covered under Medicaid until he is placed. The birth mother is the one who is only covered for 30 days after the birth. So, that mystery and concern is solved. Elliott is covered and he will be on our insurance as of Thursday.
Then I had an email from a friend of a friend who lives in the Memphis area. She said that her family has an extra car in their driveway that we can use while I'm in Memphis so we won't have to rent a car. How awesome is that! Boy are we going to have some awesome stories to tell Elliott about how blessed he was from the beginning!
I spoke with Elliott's nurse today and there was good news there as well. He gained weight today. He is now back up to 4 lb. 8 oz. They are still suspending his feedings and are giving him another suppository to help with the potty issue, but she said he was much more active today. She said he even grinned at her, so hopefully he is turning a corner. I will check on him before I go to bed to see if there are any changes. She did say they still have not ruled out NEC because of his constipation and lots of air in his tummy and intestines, but we are still hopeful it's not that.
That's all for tonight. The next time I write Elliott will be ours!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We are so exited for you all!! We will be praying everything goes smooth on Thursday and Elliott will be yours! Don't worry about a thing...God is already taking care of the details!!
ReplyDeleteWish we lived closer, we'd love to keep Snicker....the Boys would love it!
I LOVE your last sentence!! I'll be praying for your trip and for the hearing and, of course, for little Elliott.
ReplyDeleteWhen you mentioned Philippians and that we can do nothing without His help, my mind immediately said "Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece"!
ReplyDeleteLotsa prayers... for a safe trip, for a smooth hearing, for Elliott's health. :)
I UPSed your package yesterday so it will probably be on your porch when Brett makes it back home. I wish I had got it sent the day before so you could have that book with you. Sorry about that. Praying that Elliott gets past this tummy stuff soon and is on the road to being completely healthy! What a great day Thursday is going to be! Praise God!
ReplyDelete