Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bright Eyes

If only I had someone to take pictures this evening. I got to feed Elliott again today and he is doing great with it. It's so sad when he finishes his measly 20 ml (which is about the amount you would put in one of those little cups that comes with cough medicine) and he continues sucking after you take the bottle from him. Poor guy, he just wants to eat! The good news is that they are reducing the IV and increasing the formula so we are moving in the right direction. It was a good bonding time tonight because Elliott was really awake and bright eyed for his feeding. We just looked at each other for about 20 minutes straight. He hasn't really done that before, but the nurse turned the lights down dim so he could keep his eyes open better without the lights bothering him. I talked to him and sang (or attempted to) to him. I guess he thought it was pretty funny because I got a few grins from the singing. It was a sweet time.

I guess his x-rays looked good because they are continuing the feeding and lowering the IV. The nurse said they are hoping to have him completely off the IV in a day or so. He is still under a warmer to help maintain his temperature but he's doing well with that too, so hopefully soon he will be in a regular open bed.

The only issue continues to be the going to the bathroom, but it seems that I am more concerned about it than they are. They may give him a suppository tomorrow if he doesn't go by then, but it's only been about 30 hours, so that's not really out of the ordinary.

I'll try to take more pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I had a bonding time like that with Fester when he was born... you won't ever forget that time together.

    ReplyDelete