Sunday, September 13, 2009

We're getting closer...


I'm really not this chunky!


But I am this cute!



I know I'm going home soon!


Dreaming of my teddy bear room.


I'm breathing a little easier today. If I didn't mention before, the birthmom called me on Friday night. When I saw her number on my phone my stomach dropped. I did not answer the phone. She did not leave a message. Then yesterday afternoon I got a text from her asking for the blog address. At that point I had already set it to private. Hmmmm, I thought, how do I handle that? I sent her a text and told her I had set it to private for the time being because I was thinking about stopping the blog becuase it was going to be too much to keep up with once Elliott got home, but that I would gladly post pictures for her on the internet. She didn't respond. Then last night she called my phone again. I didn't answer it. Freaked me out more. I didn't know what she was doing. Of course my thoughts were racing and I was thinking the worst, that she was thinking about changing her mind. About an hour later I couldn't take it anymore. I sent her a text saying, "I saw that you called, everything okay?" She immediately wrote back, "yea, sorry, didn't mean to call your number." For cryin' out loud! How in the world does she call me accidentally two times? I am convinced that Satan had something to do with that. So, I am feeling much better after finding out that bit of information!

As for little Elliott, he's not so little anymore. He gained weight again and is now 5 lb. 6.8 oz. The nurse Sam (our other favorite) said that twice during the night he drank a little more than 2 oz. Oink Oink Elliott! I think I saw a curly little tail the last time I changed his diaper! :o) Sam also said that the medicine he is on for increasing his red blood count is working very well. He is already up to 29. That told me nothing so I asked what normal is. She said they like to see it above 30, so he is close. He has one more shot of the medicine tomorrow, so that looks good. Sam was talking to me about his car seat test again, so that tells me it won't be long before we get to go home. I just hope the interstate clearance comes through before they release him! I guess that would be the prayer request of the day. Thank you all once again for taking the time to pray for us. I know you all have other things going on in your lives and it means the world to us that you keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you Becky, Karla, Laura, Ashley and Lawrence for praying for me yesterday while I was having my little time of doubt.

He will be having his hearing test either today or early this week, the eye doctor is coming tomorrow for his vision assessment. Looks like they are wrapping things up. The only other thing to do is his circumcision. They are saving that for last. Poor baby.

I caught him smiling this morning. I think it is all the talk of going home. :o) Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!! What great news. I told Brett this morning at church, "Hope we DON'T see you next week!" Can't wait to start meals for you and come love on that baby.

    ReplyDelete