Tuesday, September 22, 2009

this day, that day, someday...

Just got off the phone with Elliott's nurse. She informed me that Elliott did have one oxygen spell last night that the other nurse didn't mention to me. It only went down to 83% and it went right back up, but that still means he has to wait 48-72 hours before being released. So, it's looking like he will not be home before the weekend. I had a feeling that was wishful thinking. But, Dr. Barrus, Elliott's other doctor is supposed to call me tomorrow to give me the latest. This is the frustrating part. Elliott's two doctors are at completely opposite ends of the spectrum. One is old school, the other is young and laid back. So, depending on who is on duty that day, I get a different story. For the next few days, Dr. Barrus is on and he is more likely to let Elliott come home, but I don't want him to release Elliott just because we are anxious to have him home. I want what is best for Elliott, and that's what I will tell him tomorrow. As hard as it is to be here without him, I know he is in good care and getting healthier and stronger. So once again I say..........someday.
He really does exist, I promise. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment