Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pray for tomorrow!




It's been a busy day! Today Elliott had his hospital pictures taken and the photographer had me be in some of the shots. You would not believe how precious those pictures are. In a day or two you will be able to get on the hospital website and look at them. It was too funny. I had just fed Elliott, so of course he wanted to sleep. It took me, along with the photographer and two other nurses to mess with him and poke at him enough to get him to open his eyes. We were cracking up! He did really good though and I picked eight adorable poses that will be on the website.

Now, to the more important news. Elliott has a lot of work to do in the next day or two. Today he is finally having his vision screening. Tomorrow he will have his red blood count checked again to see if it is still going up. We want it above 30 and right now it is 29.1. If his blood count is good, they will do his circumcision tomorrow, or at least schedule it tomorrow. He will also have his car seat test tomorrow to see if he has any oxygen drops while sitting up. And then the big challenge, he has to go 48 hours without any major drops in oxygen. That's the one I'm worried about because he is still doing that a little when he is eating. Not a lot, but sometimes, so it will really be up to the nurses to let it slide or write it down. So, please pray that Elliott can handle all these responsibilities. It's a lot for a boy of 5 lbs. 7 oz. but I think he can do it!

Dr. John said if all these things look good, we can go home this weekend! Please please please Elliott! Let's go home this weekend, it's up to you buddy!
Here are a few pictures I took after our photo shoot with the hospital photographer. Elliott was exhausted and so was I! I took them with my cell phone so they are not the greatest quality and when you click on them they are REALLY big, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment