Saturday, September 26, 2009

We made it!

We made it home safe and sound! It was a long trip and we didn't get home until 10 p.m. but Elliott was such a trooper. He did great. He ate good and slept good the whole trip, not a peep out of him. HUGE BLESSING.

We would have been really surprised with the "It's a boy" sign in our front yard, but our neighbor called us at about 9:00 while we were still on the road and said, "Congratulations, we saw the sign in your yard!" He then felt really bad when I didn't know what he was talking about. Very funny!

Our first night went well too, although I was all ears all night listening for any little move or sound. Elliott did awesome for being in a new place with new smells and new sounds. I fed him when we got home at 10:30 and then he went to bed. He ate again at 1:45 a.m and then again at 5:00 this morning.
I was able to get up and take a shower after he ate and actually get ready for our big day today. I'm now getting ready to feed Elliott and then get him ready to go to his big debut at the Heinrich's house. I'm so excited for everyone to see him, but still a little nervous about all the germs he will be exposed to. I hope that part gets easier!

Brett and I are soooo blessed and are still in awe of all of this happening so fast. Would you believe Elliott arrived home two months to the day from when I met his mother? We met her on July 25th and Elliott got home on September 25th. That was fast, especially because he really isn't supposed to be here for two more weeks. God is so good and His timing is perfect.

WELCOME HOME ELLIOTT!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh...home safe and sound. So glad you had a wonderful trip. I can't imagine. Our trip was three hours and I was so nervous. Does he have an apnea monitor?

    Speaking of germs, have the doctors warned you much about taking him out? They were so strict with Dawson. He got home Feb. 21st and went nowhere until the end of April. Even then, no one held him except grandparents and aunts and uncles. We were ultra careful about taking showers before holding him if we had been out in the public. Of course, RSV and influenza was the big scare. It was one of the biggest flu outbreaks we had had for years when he was born. He took RSV shots each month for the first two winters. From October through April, I believe. They were so expensive, but worth it. I think the doctors tell if you they qualify for them based on how early they were and what time of year they were born. Not every preemie gets them.

    I hope you have a GREAT day. Enjoy the shower and being home with Elliott! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete