Friday, September 11, 2009

Just another day

The day started out with not being able to go see Elliott because the NICU was expecting a 20 week old baby, so visiting was suspended. It makes me sad to know that a mother was giving birth to a baby that wouldn't make it. It also makes me very thankful that Elliott was as far along as he was and is doing as well as he is. It is hard to be away from home, but so important for me to be here. It was just another day in the life of a preemie, watching him grow and change and enjoying just being with him. I could just sit and watch him all day. Elliott is doing better with his oxygen but still dropping occasionally. He gained weight again today, so he is now a whopping 5 lb. 4.7 oz. I can barely lift him now he is so heavy! :o) He had his final head ultrasound today and I should find out results of that tomorrow. Pray it comes back normal with no surprises. I never knew how much I would think about the "what if something is wrong?" question. Now I understand why moms always talk about how much their babies weigh, what they are doing at what age, etc. I get it now, and I will happily join in those conversations.

All the paperwork is now complete for the interstate clearance. Our attorney is overnighting it to Nashville to be cleared by Tennessee and then it will go to Austin to be cleared by Texas. We are hoping there are no snags with any of that. If that all goes well and we get clearance by early next week, then when Elliott gets released from the hospital we can just head back to Texas. We won't have to wait on any clearances.

Dr. John called me today and said he hopes to have Elliott okayed for release by the 18th. I've been talking to Elliott and I have made it clear that there is a big party for him called a baby shower coming up very soon, so he needs to be ready to go home so he doesn't create trouble for all his Aunties who are throwing this shower. He said he's trying. :o)

I was glad to finally get to watch football last night. I know the Hazens are excited that the Steelers won the first game of the season, but it would have been nice to see the Titans win since I am in Tennessee right now. I guess you could say they are my home team at the moment.

Okay, I will end this post now since I feel like I am having a conversation with the laptop. I don't think I would do well with solitary confinement.

1 comment:

  1. It's okay dear, I understand! LOL. I wish I could be there with you two. I miss you both a lot and can hardly wait till your home!

    Love you both,
    Brett

    ReplyDelete