Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What? Home may have to wait...

Whoever told me having a preemie was a roller coaster couldn't have said it any better. Last evening when I fed Elliott at 5:00 the nurse and I noticed that his monitor was chiming a little. The nurse passed if off as the cords not having a good connection. No big deal. Well, then when I went to feed him this morning, while I was burping him, the monitor was doing it again. The nurse said that at the last couple of feedings Elliott has been dropping his oxygen a little. This morning she even had to give him a few puffs of oxygen because it got down to about 60%. She didn't really say what could be causing it other than "it's just one of those preemie things", and possibly the burping is stressing him a little. She isn't saying it is a big concern, but once again, I don't like it!
As for his weight, he is now 5 lb. 1.8 oz. He's been pooping so much lately, I am not surprised he lost a few grams. No concerns there though. He's still eating good, although, at the last couple of feedings he did not finish the whole 2 oz. bottle. We'll see if he gains today.
Please continue to pray for Elliott. While he is getting close to coming home, he's not quite there yet. And pray for Brett and me, too. We will be a little nervous for a while without the nurses and monitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment