Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Getting things ready


Elliott is trying to call me on the phone to come pick him up.
Love the way he is holding his pacifier in his mouth!


Here he is saying, "Hey, where did my mom go?"



What a peaceful face.

Things are falling into place. I have the house cleaned, the laundry done, groceries bought, and now I am just waiting for the call that says Elliott can come home. Today I went to pick up the swing and bassinet from my friend NaCole. When I got there, she also had a baby papasan seat for me too! What a blessing. All the stuff is like brand new. Elliott, you are one blessed baby!

Tonight we are going to my friend, Cyndi's house who teaches parenting classes. She uses the Preparing for Parenting curriculum, which is the book that my friend Becky gave me to read. I have already read it and loved it. We wanted to sign up for the 6 week class, but do not want to put Elliott is childcare right after we get home. So, Cyndi is going to go over the material with us tonight at her house before Elliott comes home. Another blessing!

I spoke with Elliott's nurse this morning and he is doing great. He was in the swing again today and she said he loves it! He has not had any oxygen drops since Saturday afternoon, so we are even more hopeful that he is over that issue. His red blood count is now 32, so they are very happy with that. She was going to speak with Dr. John about a release date, so I will find out about that when I call back. Keep your fingers crossed!

Here are a few pictures the nurses sent me of Elliott in the swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment