Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's official............He's ours!

It's a done deal. The papers are signed and we are officially the guardians of Elliott. Of course the birth mom has ten days to change her mind, but we are very sure she is not going to do that. We actually picked up the birth mom and took her to the courthouse, so that kind of reassured us that she was serious about going through with it. So, if you can hear me, I'm screaming:

WE ARE ELLIOTT'S MOMMY AND DADDY!

It will take six months before we go to court in Texas to finalize. At that time we will get his new birth certificate with Elliott Duncan Menke on it.

We saw him just for a short visit last night, and he already looks so much bigger. He has changed so much already, I can't believe it. He is doing well. He is now in an open bed and all of his tubes are gone, so we can actually see his little face. They started bottle feeds with just 10ml of formula yesterday afternoon, so that was great news. The nurse said he is sucking very well, but the amount of formula will have to be very minimal and increased slowly. He is still having a little blood in his stool and needs the help of a suppository to go to the bathroom, so if we can just get his tummy issues settled down, he will be well on his way to coming home soon. He gained 4 oz. so I guess that makes him 4 lb. 12 oz., not real sure about that, she didn't give me the actual weight.
We will be going back to see him at the next visiting hour, so hopefully I can get some new pictures!
Oh my goodness, we have a baby!

6 comments:

  1. We are so happy for you and Brett!! It has been amazing to see God working in all the details of this for y'all. I'm excited to see what the future holds for this precious baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! I am soooo happy for you. Do I still hear you screaming from Memphis? :)

    I can't believe how big his is...in a big boy crib, sucking a bottle, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elliott- What a blessed little boy you are and you don't even know it yet. You have not one, not two, but a whole host of people that have been praying for you for years and waiting to meet you. Your mommy and daddy have waited so long to have you. Welcome to the family little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!
    I am so happy for ya'll!!!!

    ReplyDelete