Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Settling In


Ahhh, my new bed. Swaddling rocks! :o)


This kid just can't quit showing off his muscles!



Daddy having some snuggle time.




Loved the sign in the yard!





And of course we have to have a grinning picture.

Okay, I've been reprimanded by friends who want more info and pictures on the blog, so here goes:
Things obviously have been busy, but they are going really well. Elliott is keeping his end of the bargain by eating well and sleeping three hours at a time. He is really doing great with his schedule, and it makes it so nice for me!
We went to the pediatrician for his first visit today. I hated to take him into that germ circus, but it had to be done. He had a great visit with the doctor and Dr. Terk said he is beautiful and appears to be doing great. Elliott hadn't been weighed in a few days so I was anxious to hear how big he is getting. He weighs 6 lb. 14 oz. now, so he is well on his way to being too big for his britches! :o)
I haven't really thought to take many pictures yet. I've been busy getting into our routine and putting things away from the baby shower and all that kind of stuff, but I have taken a few.
I promise to do better with that. It will just be busy for a little while until all the check ups and follow ups are out of the way. We still have to have an eye check up and go to a urologist for his circumcision.
I think Elliott likes his new home, and even though Snicker (our dog) isn't thrilled with the addition to the family, she is starting to warm up to the idea.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I have patiently been waiting for some pictures and updates. I knew you were busy! He is a doll baby! So glad everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pictures of sleeping babies. They're my favorite! He looks like he is about to outgrow his preemie look completely! He's got some cute little fat cheeks already! Glad it's going so well, but I know you're swamped with stuff to do after these last few weeks being away especially. It just all happened so fast for you. So proud for you and hope to keep hearing from you. It's so much harder when everything is going right for some reason. Kind of like our prayer life can be sometimes. When we need God, we're on the line 24 hours a day. When it's all well, we sometimes forget to keep in touch with Him. Keep enjoying!

    ReplyDelete