Not really much to report tonight. Elliott is still dropping his oxygen during his feedings. He is fine the rest of the time. I spoke with Dr. Johns, Elliott's other doctor today and he doesn't seem too concerned about it, but I still hate to hear that sound, ding ding ding! Watching the monitor go from 100% down to 59% is not a good feeling. Of course it jumps right back up, but it still makes you concerned. Elliott has had to adjust to a lot over the last day or two. He moved to an open bed and he began eating twice as much. Those two things combined are a lot of work for a little guy, so when he is eating, it seems to be wearing him out a little. Dr. Johns still doesn't think it will be too much longer before we get to go home, but we're not sure about this weekend. We'll just have to watch him for the next couple of days. As much as I want to be home, I do not want to take Elliott before he is completely ready. That would just make me too nervous.
Tomorrow Elliott will be six weeks old. I can't believe it. And just think, if things had gone as we thought they were supposed to, Elliott wouldn't even be born yet. I'm so glad we have him here already, even with the preemie issues. I've loved watching him grow and change and get stronger.
I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow. Maybe he'll be dressed in a different outfit. ;o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment