Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We're home free.....well, not that free.

Don't get too excited by the title, we're not going home yet. By home free I just mean that the wait time is over and Elliott is officially ours. The next step is getting the father's rights terminated and then adopting Elliott officially as Elliott Duncan Menke. That part will take six months.

The word right now on going home is this, "maybe this weekend." Hmmm, I think I have heard that before. They are going to go ahead and do his car seat test to get that over with. My friend here in Memphis is saving the day again. She has a car seat for us to use since we don't have ours here. Could have saved myself a lot of trouble if I had just brought ours with us. They are also going to schedule his circumcision to take place in the next day or two. Let's not dwell on that topic too long, ouchy! Then they will check his blood count one more time on Thursday and that will be the deciding factor on our weekend release. If his count is good, he will be released. I don't want to even talk about if his count is not high enough to go home. Here's what the nurses are saying to me. They are getting irritated with the doctor for not releasing Elliott. They are saying "what in the world is the deal? Elliott's blood count has increased very well, he's eating, he's gaining, let the boy go home." One of the nurses came in and talked to me personally and said I should push for us to get to go home. She said we should ask the doctor, "what is being done here that can't be done by our pediatrician at home?" She said if we push, he will most likely let us go. She gave me some information to give to our pediatrician to see if he is comfortable with Elliott's numbers. Anyway, that's what is going on there.

Oh, our attorney just called me! We have interstate clearance. We are now free to leave the state of Tennesse. Whoo Hoo!

We are getting closer.............

3 comments:

  1. Allison God is so good!!! I am so very happy for you and cannot wait to meet Elliot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Allison and Brett!!! You have waited so long for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOO HOO! YEA! PRAISE GOD! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete