The wait time is winding down now. It is now 6:15, only 5 hours and 45 minutes to go and the birth mom can't change her mind. I assure you I will be posting something at midnight as I rejoice in the Lord that the wait is over.
Elliott is doing well. The little turkey is still dropping his oxygen when he eats sometimes though. The nurse he had today said that he will not be able to go home until he doesn't do that for 48-72 hours. But the nurse yesterday didn't say that, so I don't know what to believe. Some babies continue to do this for months, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of days. My two weeks in the hotel is almost up though, so we may have to see if the hotel manager will continue to let me stay at the $59 per night rate instead of $80. Please continue to pray Elliott can get over this little issue. I don't want to live in Memphis forever. :o(
On a good note, Elliott is now 5 lb. 7 oz. and is 18 1/2 inches long. That means he has grown 2 1/4 inches since he was born. Wow! He passed his hearing screening and got a little certificate. Today was supposed to be his vision screening but they must have been running behind because they hadn't shown up yet at 6:00. The results from his head ultrasound were the same as his first one, all looks good. The nurse said there were no masses or bleeding. I guess that is what they look for in premature babies. He is eating well and is a pooping machine. The nurses put a black and white drawing of a puppy dog on the side of his bed and he really likes to look at that. It's really cute to watch him stare at the puppy and grin.
It's been a dreary, rainy day. It makes me want to take a nap. I've been reading Sheparding a Child's Heart to try to pass the time, and spending time in the Word and in prayer. I feel like I am praying the same things over and over again. I'm sure glad God doesn't get tired of us praying the same things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment