Monday, September 7, 2009

SCORE!!!!






Whoo hoo! You go Elliott! Yep, that's right, Elliott went potty this morning on his own and it tested negative for blood. It's official, you know you're a mom when you are excited about poop! :o) It was too funny, after the nurse told me he went to the bathroom, I was holding him and he stretched out his arm and opened his hand as if to give me a high five. I gave him a little high five and he grinned. He's a character already! And..... I think he was trying to go potty again while I was feeding him. He's still doing great with his feedings, tolerating them well, and now successfully going to the bathroom.

He broke the 5 lb mark too. He now weighs 5 lb. 2 oz. Of course when they weigh him tonight after he's gone to the bathroom it may be a little less, but I just can't believe how big he is getting. He doesn't really even look like a preemie anymore.

Here's a few pictures I took this morning. He looks so cute in his little blue hat!

2 comments:

  1. I love a newborn!! I could just sit and watch their every move! Elliott is getting bigger by the day! And you are right, I bet he will be a little "character"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! He's heavier than a 5 lb bag of sugar! ...And sweeter, too.

    ReplyDelete