Oh my goodness, what a day. My nerves are about as frazzled as my hair. :o)
After thinking about the misspelling of Brett's name on the fingerprint letter this afternoon, I decided to call the FBI and see what they could do about it. After speaking with three different people and going through the automated menu on the phone about four times, I finally got it taken care of. To make a long story short, they are going to FedEx a corrected letter. It will come overnight but I don't know if it went out today or if it will go out tomorrow. But most importantly, it's on the way.
I finally heard from my attorney around 6:00p.m. He said he got my email with the fingerprint letters. The problem is that the letters have to be sent from Gladney since they are doing the home study. He said all the interstate paperwork must go through the agency, which I was not told. So, we don't know if Gladney is going to charge us for this service or not. I'm chuckling as I read that last statement. Of course they will charge us, we just don't know how much yet. We thought all the interstate stuff was being taken care of through the attorney, but apparently we got our information mixed up. More on that later when I hear back from Gladney. I emailed Gladney and sent them the copies of our fingerprint letters, explained the situation with Brett's name being misspelled, and informed them I would get the originals in the mail tomorrow.
Our attorney is going to call the courthouse tomorrow morning to try to get us in for the surrender hearing on Thursday. He said the sooner the better. He is a little concerned about the gap of insurance coverage on Elliott until we get him on our insurance. I have been concerned about that for two weeks now and have tried to get it taken care of, but nothing has been done and now Medicaid is out of the picture and Elliott may not be covered. If that is the case, guess who ends up with a mountain of medical bills? Brett called the hospital to try to find out what we need to do about the issue and we were told to call the social worker tomorrow, and that "they are working on it". We don't exactly know what that is supposed to mean. Gotta love those clear answers. While he was on the phone he asked about Elliott. The nurse said he did finally go to the bathroom today and there was no blood in it. Praise God for that. However, it was not what they would call normal either. It contained a lot of mucous, so guess what....they are continuing to suspend his feedings. The doctor will evaluate him tomorrow. That's beginning to sound like a broken record....the doctor will evaluate him tomorrow, the doctor will evaluate him tomorrow. She did say that he is doing fine, but they just want to remain cautious. I completely understand that, but it's really hard to be patient.
It's been hard to get excited about the hearing with everything that has gone on today. I know this is all just part of the whole process, but I am so ready for this part to be over. It really exhausts me.
Now we have to do the travel planning part. I guess we will leave Wednesday sometime. Brett may try to work until noon so he can save as much vacation time as possible. He only has about 8 days left. We will have to take Snicker to the kennel........again. We have to figure out how we will work out the situation with me staying in Memphis. We don't know yet if we will get a rental car for me and Brett can drive our car back home or if we will have Brett fly back to Love Field using one of Keith and Becky's airline passes. Logistics.........blech!
Anyway, I'm rambling now, so I will stop before it gets any worse. I'm going to go to bed early so I can get up and start packing! After all, I'm going to see my baby boy! I am so thankful to God for being with me through all of this. Forgive me for my attitude. I am thankful that His mercies are new every morning! I would be in a world of trouble if they weren't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment