Well, Elliott's nurse called me this afternoon after Dr. Barrus saw him. Since Elliott hasn't had another BM yet they do not want to start his feedings yet. They are going to give him one more day on the IV, but they are going to switch the IV fluid to something else that should help satisfy him more. The doctor just wants to be sure to give Elliott's tummy and intestines lots of rest and healing time before introducing formula again. Doing it too soon could start this whole mess all over again. He wants to rule out every possible thing before we move forward. The nurse hasn't said what "possible things" he may be referring to but I sure hate this waiting.
Please pray that Elliott's little system will heal and that he will have a BM soon so the doctors can determine that his intestines are okay. The thoughts are racing through my head as to what could still be wrong. Of course I am trying to combat those thoughts with prayer. I don't like thinking about the possibility of him having health problems, but realistically I know I need to be prepared in case something is wrong. God has brought us this far, I know He will continue to be with us through whatever may come our way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment