Spoke with Elliott's nurse this morning. She said considering he hasn't had formula in almost two days, he is being really good. She said they wrap him up real tight, give him his pacifier and pat his little bottom and he goes right back to sleep. She said his fussiness consists of him wiggling around and whining a little. She said they have some babies that scream and won't stop, so he's doing very well. Dr. Barrus will see him today and do another x-ray. After that they will determine if they will begin feedings again. Pray poor little Elliott can get fed today. He has lost a few ounces since he hasn't been fed. He is now 4 lb. 7 oz.
Please continue to pray for his progress. He has been through so much already and has been so good through it all. I know all of this is just part of what preemies must go through but it's hard for me, especially since I am not there yet to be with him everyday. That day is coming soon though. Our fingerprint letter is in transit and will be delivered before noon on Monday. I will be on the phone with our attorney the minute I get it. I'll know more about when the hearing will be when I speak with him. Please pray that it can be this coming week, so we can get back down there and I can stay. It feels like forever since I've held Elliott and I can't wait to be with him again. Brett is so funny, he keeps saying, "I never thought I would want him this much. I didn't think I'd get attached this easy." He is already mush, and we haven't even brought him home yet! :o) He's going to be such a good daddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment