Today the birth mom called the hospital to give us permission to call and check on Elliott. All the news I got from the nurse was very good. He's getting stronger, is off oxygen and is eating a little more (through a feeding tube right now). The nurse, Alicia, said that he is the cutest thing you've ever seen. She said he's tiny, but he is doing wonderful for as little as he is.
Tomorrow is a big day for all of us. Anna will go meet with the social worker and the attorney to sign over her rights. Then she will have 10 days to change her mind, so we have a long 10 days to wait before we can call Elliott our own. We meet with our attorney on Friday. Things are moving fast yet they seem to be at a stand still because it seems like forever before we can go see him. We hope I will be able to go sometime next week, but there are a lot of legal things we need to do from here that may prevent that.
We continue to pray that God's hands will hold little Elliott until mommy and daddy can get there to hold and love him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Praying for God's hands to hold Elliott and yours and Brett's hearts throughout the journey.
ReplyDeleteOh Allison and Brett, We are so excited for you about Elliott! He will be fine. We are praying for you and trusting God always!
ReplyDelete"I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27:13-14