I spoke with Elliott's doctor this morning and he assured me that what is happening with Elliott's heart is pretty normal and not anything to worry about. Elliott does have a little bit of a heart murmur, but Dr. Barrus said that's pretty common in preemies too, and that it should correct itself as he gets bigger. He said Elliott is doing everything he should be doing except for bottle feeding, which he's just not ready for yet.
I wanted to get his opinion on Elliott's discharge time frame and he said it's hard to tell right now but would say three weeks at the earliest, so we'll just have to see how it goes.
We just got back from our visit with him and he was sleeping like a little angel. We touched him and caressed him and talked to him. He looked so peaceful and even opened his eyes a few times as if he knew we were there. We will go back this evening to see him before we leave in the morning. That will be hard, but I just keep telling myself it won't be for long.
Please continue to pray for him, and us. Being away from him is going to kill us. Brett has already said, "it sure doesn't take long to get attached!" I think his jitters are gone! :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment