I know, I know, I didn't write anything yesterday, but I'll make up for it today. Elliott is still progressing wonderfully. When I spoke with the nurse this morning, she said he has actually had his info transferred to a different type of form because he is doing so well. I'm assuming that means they are not having to monitor him so closely. His feedings continue to increase and he gains just a smidge every day.
The big news is that Gladney is going to do our home study update!!! Thank you God. That is going to save so much time. They are coming out Monday to do that and hopefully it will be completed in about a week. Most of our information is still current, so there isn't that much to do. There is some question about whether we have to do background clearances for Tennessee. If we do, that could take a couple weeks, so we are praying we do not have to go through that process. We are so amazed at how God is working out all of these details that we, in our humanness, don't see how they will work out.
It's hard for me to continue to wait to go be with Elliott and begin bonding with him. I wish I could be there now, but until we have these legal things in order with the homestudy, meeting with the attorney here, etc. we can't move forward with anything, so we continue to pray that God will keep him in His loving arms until I can get there. I'm hoping to get to go sometime toward the end of next week.
We got a call from our attorney yesterday that Anna and her mother were signing the lease for her apartment. They came up with a budget of items that, by law, we are allowed to reimburse her for. It totalled a little more than we had planned on, but we agreed to it. We continue to pray for Anna and hope that she has seen the love of Christ through us.
This weekend is a little difficult because we feel like we are doing nothing. Shouldn't I be doing something? I can't speak with either of our attorneys, I can't make the homestudy happen, I can't go to Tennessee yet. It's all just hurry up and wait!
Well, each day that passes is a day closer to Elliott coming home, so I supposed this is just another test of patience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Allison,
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear about the homestudy! Keep us posted on your visit~your welcome to stay here or at my mom and dads. If you choose a hotel, I can let you know what is near the hospital and is nice. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!
So glad things are going well! Put up more pics as soon as you can! Boys are os sweet I can't wait until he can play with Madison, Kaden and Landon!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you as things seem to be falling into place. Looking forward to how God will show Himself in the coming week(s).
ReplyDelete