Monday, August 31, 2009

Never a dull moment!

Okay, let me just say I want to scream. First, I was supposed to get our fingerprint clearance letters before noon. It is now 1:20 and I just got them. I ripped into that envelope like a crazy woman. Of course I knew what I would find inside, "No arrest record". You'd think I'd be overjoyed right? Well, everything looks great except that THEY SPELLED BRETT'S NAME BRENT! I don't know yet if this is going to cause a problem or not. His name and address are correct at the top of the letter, his social security number is right there under his name, so hopefully the court will just overlook the misspelling, but you know how that goes with legal documents. I'm waiting to hear back from our attorney to see if he thinks I need to contact the FBI to have them print a new clearance letter and send it to us. I am going to be very upset if that happens. That will mean we will have to wait again. Of course I am already very upset that they didn't get it right the first time. Let me add this, his name is correct at the top of the letter, it's correct on the outside of the envelope, it's correct on the mailing label on the FedEx envelope, but is it correct on the most important part of the letter, NOOOOOOO! How many times did that person type his name?
Anyway, I guess the good news is that I'm not a criminal and apparently BRENT isn't either. Now we just need proof that BRETT isn't.
Like I said, never a dull moment...

2 comments:

  1. Oh poo-poo...no wait, we're waiting on that too. Hopefully the judge will overlook it. What a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! THAT would make you want to pull your hair out!

    ReplyDelete