Friday, August 28, 2009

Okay, so I've talked to the nurse tonight and she said Elliott is doing fine. There was a little blood in his stool again at around noon, so there is definitely something going on, but she said the doctor is still thinking it is just a side effect from the heart medicine. He will be evaluated again tomorrow and have more x-rays and a metabolic scan. She said from what she knew, his blood work from today was good. She said the cardiologist saw Elliott today and the blood vessel in his heart is now closed and he will not need to be seen again about his heart for a couple of months after release. Thank God! That means he won't have to take any more of that medicine which is what we think is the cause of the blood in his stool. So, the news I received was very good and I am rejoicing that nothing serious is going on. God is so good, and even if something had been seriously wrong, God would still be good. I must confess I was so convicted today because as soon as something was possibly wrong I immediately went to the Lord for help, which is exactly what I should have done. But the convicting part is that while things were going so well with Elliott, I became lazy in my prayer time in seeking the Lord. Why is it that we only feel we need the Lord when things go wrong? We are sinful, that's why. I am so thankful God does not give us what we deserve, but showers us with his grace.

Elliott weighed a little less than he did last night, but that is to be expected since he is only having nourishment through an IV. The nurse said he was a little fussy earlier this evening but she put him on his tummy and he was much more content.

I tracked our fingerprint clearance letter and it is scheduled to be delivered to me on Monday, so the minute I get that I will be sending it off to our attorney in Memphis. He will then schedule the surrender hearing, which he said will only take a few days. We will then travel to Memphis to sign papers and Elliott will be under our guardianship and we can really call him ours. Brett will have to come back to Fort Worth, but I will stay in Memphis so I can be with Elliott.

It's been an up and down day and I'm beat, so pray Brett and I get some much needed rest. I guess it's like my friend Becky said, "this is parenthood".

Night night baby boy, we love you! God is with you.

1 comment:

  1. Are you staying in a Ronald McDonald house there or a motel room? I'm not sure how nice of a place they have there, but we stayed at the RMH in Springfield and then in Little Rock while Dawson was in the hospital and it sure helped with expenses. Just a little info for you. God bless little Elliott (and all those tiny preemies out there!)

    ReplyDelete