Thursday, August 20, 2009

He's a big boy now!

Today Elliott is three weeks old. He now weighs 4 lb. 2 oz. Can you believe it? The nurse said this morning that he is doing fine, but still having oxygen. She said there hasn't been an order for weening him from it yet, so he will stay on it until the order is given. She said she could not hear the murmur this morning so we are hoping that the medicine is working and the blood vessel in his heart is closed. I will call back and check on him this evening for any updates.

Brett and I are still discussing when I will go back. Every day that goes by is a day closer to him coming home, but it's also another day I haven't been with him. I may go back for a few days to be with him. It looks like he's going to be in the hospital for a few more weeks, so staying in a hotel for 3-4 weeks is just not an option, but a few short trips may be more practical.

Not much else to report, just soooo excited that Elliott is a big boy of 4 pounds now!

1 comment:

  1. WOW----he's growing so well. He will definately be a chunk when he comes home! :)

    ReplyDelete