Saturday, August 15, 2009


Well, Elliott did his best to make us feel terrible about leaving in the morning. He had several dips in his heart rate while we were there this evening. The nurse had to massage him awake a couple times to cause him to take some deep breaths..........yeah, a little scary!!!
I only got to hold him for a few minutes because he was just so relaxed he was dipping into the 30% range with his oxygen. We did not like that at all! The nurse said it's pretty normal, and I know they have been telling me that, but when you watch it happen and you see that he isn't taking breaths, it is not a nice feeling. And on top of that we had to walk out of there knowing we are leaving in the morning.
Well, I will keep this short. We are going to try to get some rest. Please continue to pray for little Elliott. He's got a lot of work to do before he can come home. He did weigh 3 lb. 11.2 oz, so he is gaining weight well. He just has to get those breathing patterns under control. We prayed over him each night, and we know God has him right where he needs to be.
Thank you all for your words of encouragement and your continued prayers and support for our family. This whole process has been a wild ride, but we wouldn't trade it for the world!


Oh, by the way, here's the only picture we took tonight. It's another one of those perspective shots. This is my ring in Elliott's hand.

2 comments:

  1. He is so adorable! I am so happy for you! You will be greatly missed at school...Greatly missed...but you will LOVE being a mom full time as I am sure you know! Looking forward to meeting him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie! I'll miss you guys too, but you and Vanessa better come to my shower! And we'll get together for play dates too. I can't wait for you guys to see him......he is pretty darn cute.

    ReplyDelete