Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Another step in the right direction

Today I spoke with our attorney in Memphis and he had met with the birth mom this morning. He said the meeting went well and that Anna and her mother are very excited that we are the family who will have Elliott. Details about help with living arrangements for Anna are being worked out as I write. Anna also met with the caseworker and signed medical paperwork this morning. She has not signed relinquishment papers yet because we have to complete our homestudy first, but I'm really confident that she will not change her mind. I just have a peace about it. I'm so glad we got to meet them before he was born. God's timing is so perfect, why do we ever doubt him? Please pray for Anna's salvation and pray for Anna's mother. I believe she is a Christian, but she has a lot on her plate and I know she must be weary.

I called the hospital this morning and spoke with Elliott's doctor. He said that Elliott is doing fine, actually he said he is doing exceptionally well for his size. Elliott is completely off oxygen as of this morning and is tolerating his food well. These are two huge praises because sometimes babies like Elliott are on oxygen for a while and they also have intolerance issues with food.

Brett and I had a conversation last night about finances and how all this will pull together in such a short time. It's a little scary, but I know after being hit over the head by the Holy Spirit with the "Do you trust me?" question, it will work out. We really had no answer last night as to how we will do it, but we are thankful to our church for setting up the Raimi Adoption Fund to help in our situation and hopefully others in the future. Then this morning I received an email from Gladney saying that our $3000 refund from the China program is in the mail. Then this afternoon I received an email from my boss at Premier Academy explaining that I will get my two weeks paid vacation next week on payday. So, God is working it all out and we are so grateful.

More to come.....

1 comment:

  1. How exciting the way God is working out all the little details. Still praying.

    ReplyDelete