Well, I just got off the phone with the FBI. They received our request on the 11th and it is now being processed. I was told it could take up to three weeks to be processed. I asked about our letter requesting it to be expedited and she said they try to honor the request but it can't be promised. So, it did absolutely no good to call because I don't know any more now than I did yesterday. I have no idea when the clearances will go through. I would say a realistic estimate would be next week, but who really knows. Not a thing we can do but wait.
Elliott is doing fine this morning. He is on a little less oxygen, 23% now, so he's getting there. The nurse said they did not hear his heart murmur this morning so the hope is that the blood vessel has closed for good this time. She said it is possible for it to open up again, but hopefully not. They will watch him and will be able to tell more in a couple of days.
Can you believe he will be a month old on Thursday! Yep, 34 weeks. He is doing so amazingly well considering he is still 6 weeks from his due date. I just get impatient and want him home, but I know this is all part of his development process. My friend Karla reminded me of something and it really helps me keep perspective. She said, "Just remember, now you are just waiting weeks instead of YEARS before your baby comes home." Very true! Thanks Karla.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment