Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Soon to be a Texas boy!












Things are moving sooo fast now. I went to see Elliott this morning and they had clothes on him! He looked so cute in the outfit they put on him. I'm so used to seeing him in just his diaper, I just couldn't get over all the changes in just a few short days. He is still eating like crazy and doing great tolerating it. He burps good for me and doesn't spit up at all....so far. :o) He's also pooping like a big boy with no problems.

Then, I went back at 1:00 to see him again and would you believe they have him in a big boy bed. That's right, no warmer. He is in a regular open bed and the nurse said so far he is maintaining his temperature. What she said next made my heart flutter. She said if he can maintain his temp, continue to eat well and gain weight, he could be going home by the weekend! WHAT! I couldn't believe it! This is crazy! So much for getting the breast milk here to start him on that. Now we are just going to wait and start him on it at home. I reminded Michelle (Elliott's favorite nurse) that she had to come with us. Am I ready to do this at home by myself? Oh well, I guess we'll find out. Brett couldn't believe it when I told him. He thought I was kidding.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of Elliott on his first day wearing clothes. In the one picture he is saying, "Daddy, I love you THIS much!" The first two are of him in his big boy bed.

Looks like Elliott is soon to be a Texas boy.

4 comments:

  1. that is amazing! Prayers that it will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! Each day he is one step closer to coming home!!! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last pic. How much does he weigh now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo hoo! We'll get to see little Elliott in care group sooner than we thought!!! God is so very good!!

    ReplyDelete