Today begins the rat race. First, I need to take our health forms to our doctor to be signed. Then I have to go get two money orders to pay for our fingerprints............AGAIN! Wouldn't you think that by the third time getting fingerprinted they would realize that OUR FINGERPRINTS ARE THE SAME EVERY TIME! Sorry, just a little irritated with the whole fingerprinting thing. Then I have to go get a prepaid Fedex envelope so the fingerprint people can send the results stating we are not criminals back to us in a timely manner (that remains to be seen.........the timely manner part, not us being criminals) Then we have to drive to dowtown Fort Worth, get fingerprinted, and get back to our house in time for the social worker to come do the homestudy update! I'm tired already and I haven't even started yet.
On a more cheery note, I found an awesome deal on a stroller travel system. I've been researching them for a few days and really didn't want to spend $200 on one. I just happened to see one at Walmart the other day on clearance for $105, but I didn't get it because at that time wasn't sure exactly what I wanted. STUPID! I should have gotten it because it had the baby carrier and the base with it. Anyway, I went back to see if they still had it, but they didn't. I had the customer service girl check other Walmarts and she said only one other Walmart near us had it, but it was the display and they couldn't sell it. BUMMER. Well, I decided last evening to drive over to that particular Walmart with the hopes that maybe she was wrong and they had one. To my pleasant surprise, they had two! So I slam dunked that baby in the cart, but noticed that the price on it was $139.50, not $105, so I was a little disappointed. I took it up to the customer service counter to see if they would price match it from the other store........no such luck. I deliberated for a moment and decided I would buy it anyway since it was still a pretty good price. Well, low and behold, she rung it up and it was $105!! Thank you God for little blessings like this. It may not seem like a big deal, but when you are handing out thousands of dollars to this guy and that guy, saving 40 bucks is a big deal!
I've started putting stuff in the nursery. The theme is Teddy Bears. I got the bedding, which is denim, and lots of clothes from my good friend Becky. I had fun going through them last night, washing them and folding them and putting them in Elliott's little dresser. I will take some pictures of the room so far and post them this afternoon. I don't have much on the walls yet, but the crib looks adorable.
Now, the important stuff: our little Elliott. I called yesterday and the nurse was soo nice. She said he is such a good little guy. She said he is very good natured and doesn't fuss much at all. They had to put him under the lamp again for a while yesterday, but he's off of it already. His heart rate has dipped a few times, but came right back up immediately. She said that is very normal in preemies. He weighed 3 lb. 6.4 oz. so he is doing good gaining a little each day. I asked if she could take pictures of him and email them to me since the only picture I have is from the day he was born. She took my address and said they would do their best. So, if I get new pictures I will post them.
Brett and I are going to see him the end of this week. We haven't decided yet if I will stay or come back. We are trying to work out those details. We have to go back soon for the surrender hearing so we don't know if I will wait until then to stay or what. We are both very excited and both a little nervous. Yes, I've been around babies a lot, but not MY baby, and certainly not a preemie baby. Just pray that we bond easily with him and that we catch on quickly to being mommy and daddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good for you on the Walmart purchase!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm SOOO excited for you and Brett. So glad to hear Elliott is making strides every day. Can't wait to see more photos of him as well as pics of the nursery! You must be beside yourself with excitement!