I want to just jump for joy and scream. Elliott's nurse told me this morning that he ate his whole feeding last night from a bottle! Whoo hoo! You go baby boy! I only wish I could have been there for that. Only a few more days and I'll be going back to stay. He also is almost completely off oxygen again and weighs 4 lb. 8oz. He's going to be soo big when I get back there. I just can't believe how he is progressing. Thank you God for taking care of him!
Our friends Jim and Karla are coming in from Italy on Friday night and I want to see them, so as soon as I visit with them for a bit, I'll be off to Memphis to stay until Elliott comes home. Brett heard back from the hotel across the street from the hospital and they are going to work with us on an extended stay rate. Normally the cost for a room is $80 a night, but they are going to give it to us for $59 a night, which is a little more than we wanted to spend but for the quality of the room, the convenience of being right there by the hospital and the safety of the area, it is a good deal. And, once again the Lord is taking care of every detail. We were a little concerned about the cost of the hotel, but then I checked the mail yesterday and what was inside? A donation from our church for our trip and stay in Memphis. I just stared at it. I couldn't believe it. God is so good. We are so grateful for all the help and prayers and support we have gotten from our church family. Elliott is truly blessed to be coming into such a wonderful family of God at Redeemer Church.
I am reminded that we don't deserve any one of these blessings we have received. It is only by the grace of our Lord that any of this is taking place. I don't understand why He is so good to us, but I am so thankful that He is. To Him be the glory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I got teary on this one!! What a blessing from your church.
ReplyDeleteI also love that you talk about how good God is to you... even after all the struggle you've been through so far. That's a grateful heart!!
Still praying for Elliott and thanking God for his continued (speedy) improvement.
That's my Boy!!!! Praise God for his goodness!!!
ReplyDeleteAllison, He is just the cutest little boy...I love those pictures of him smiling! He will be off the oxygen soon and he will be gulping down those bottles! It just takes time....his own time! But he will do it! This time next year you will look back at these pictures trying to remember how small he was at one time!! We are so excited for you all!
ReplyDelete