Today is Elliott's one week birthday. What a milestone for a tiny boy! I called the hospital this morning and the report was good. He's still progressing well and even taking 16cc at each feeding, which is up from 12cc. He had gained a little since his last weigh in, so before long he will be going to the gym to work out! :o)
Brett called this evening to check on Elliott. Watching Brett's face while the nurse was telling him about Elliott's progress was priceless. Brett is so nervous about being a good daddy after all these years, but I don't have a doubt, after all, he's just a kid at heart!
On the business side of things, I may have some good news. I sent an email to Gladney today and basically pleaded with them to help us expedite the homestudy process. Let me back up a little. Without going into a lot of the details, we were told earlier that we would not be able to use our original homestudy that was done for our China adoption, but after I sent my email to Gladney I received a response. It stated that someone is going to call me tomorrow and they may be able to help with updating the homestudy. Praise God! Please pray for that situation. It would be a huge answer to prayer if they would do it because that would mean we don't have to completely redo it.
I'll be waiting by the phone.............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So glad to hear the Elliot is growing and improving with every day. I pray that Gladney is able to work with the two of you. I bet your husband will have an absolute blast with this baby boy. I can't wait for more pics. Know that so many people at Premier are thinking of you and your new family at this time. Amanda
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for ya'll! I hope everything goes great tomorrow. I can't believe how much hair he already has. He is adorable.
ReplyDeleteI can just see Little Elliott working out in little tiny gym shoes and pumping little tiny hand weights. Go, Elliott!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear Elliott is making strides! That's awesome. I can't imagine the range of emotions both you and Brett must be going through. We'll be praying that Gladney will work to expedite things for y'all!!
ReplyDelete