Tuesday, August 11, 2009

God is good..........and fast!

I am still amazed at how everything is falling into place. I checked on our fingerprint package and it was scheduled to be delivered this morning at 10:30. Now how long they take to process it is completely up to them, but I included a pretty good "please rush this" letter, so we'll see. I just got an email from Gladney that said they faxed our home study to our attorney in TN this morning. WOW! That was fast. Praise God for His quick sovereignty. If our fingerprints get processed quickly, we could be going for the surrender hearing next week! That is probably a little unrealistic because the average wait for fingerprint approvals is between 10-30 days, but who knows, look what has happened already.

Elliott is working hard on gaining weight. He is up to 3 lb. 7.2 oz. as of last night and he had just had a feeding and was sleeping when I called this morning. They are still expecting it to be a couple weeks before they start bottle feeds. The nurse explained to me that bottle feeding really zaps energy and calories, so they want to make sure he's good and strong before they do that. God is saving that part for me I think. :o)

Tomorrow I am going with my friend Becky to register at Target and Babies R Us. It's going to be really weird to actually be picking out baby stuff for US. When Brett was putting the stroller together yesterday it still didn't seem real. We just keep looking at each other every day and wondering if this is really happening.

I can't sign off today without sharing how blessed we are by our church body. Throughout this whole process we have wondered how everything would work out financially. We had some savings set back for our China adoption and we got back a little from Gladney, but it was still a concern. On Sunday we were given an anonymous donation to help cover our travel costs this weekend. Then this morning Brett got an email saying we will be getting a check from the Raimi fund to help cover the costs of this adoption. We are just blown away at how God moves and provides and takes care of us. Why do we ever doubt? He proves himself over and over and we are so thankful to our God and to our church family for being a part of Elliott's life already.

1 comment:

  1. Each time I read this blog I can't help but think of the journey you have been on and God's amazing grace even in the most difficult times. We are so excited for you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete