Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I know, I know....















I know it's been forever since I posted anything, but we've been really busy. We have gone to the eye doctor and Elliott's eye is getting better. The doctor wants to see him in a month and he feels confident that Elliott's eye will be fully developed by then. We had surgery yesterday and that went fine. It was a circumcision and I think Brett and I were more worried about it than Elliott was. He was fine and came out a new man, so to speak. :o) He has done great with it and has not been fussy at all. This morning we went to the doctor for a quick check up. Elliott now weighs 8 lbs. 2 oz. and is 20 3/4 inches long. This is about what he would have been had he been full term. His original due date was October 8th, so we are only a few days passed that. I had to laugh when the nurse was weighing him because she had me take his diaper off and as we all know, that's pretty dangerous with a baby boy! And yep, it was no time and he was spraying everywhere. The nurse said, "you've got some distance there little guy!" It was quite funny.

Things around the house are starting to feel "normal". We are in a pretty good routine and Elliott is doing wonderful. He is the best baby ever. He is so happy and content almost all the time. He has one little time each evening during his nap that he doesn't seem to rest well, but I have heard that evening time is a common time for babies to be a little fussy. I wouldn't even call it fussy though, he just can't seem to settle in to sleep, but once he does, he's out. He is eating great and sleeping almost 4 hours at a time. Brett and I do not feel exhausted at all. I take the late nights during the week and then daddy has late night duty on the weekend, so I can catch up on a couple of full nights of rest. It's been working great and Brett has been wonderful with Elliott. God could not have put a more perfect baby with us, especially since Brett was a little nervous about the whole thing. He's a pretty proud daddy now!

Well, here are a few new photos. Now that Elliott is getting a little bigger and is awake a little more I can take more pictures. He is such a cutie. I just can't stand it! Well, gotta hurry, baby is calling for lunch! :o)
Oh, by the way, the pictures of Snicker give you some indication of how she likes Elliott! She's been the center of attention for so long, she is having a little trouble adjusting. Poor old girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment